P. Keenan is a long standing client. We have been working together for over 10 years, initially creating a new logo and brand, then developing a company website. In 2013 we provided a further update to the website, providing a bespoke responsive website.
Now, over 7 years on it was time to further build upon the work done and carry out a fresh re-design. The directors at P. Keenan had decided to rebrand the main company logo from P. Keenan Roads to P. Keenan Quarries in order to reflect the growth of the company and it’s services.
In addition to adding new branding the website required additional information with details of awards, and important accreditations. The project section also had to be added to with key projects.
As we were already familiar with the P. Keenan brand, the discovery phase of the project was streamlined and the website sitemap had only minor amends. We set about a full design process, starting with initial research in collaboration with the client, through to a visual prototype and finishing with custom WordPress template build.
One of the key features of the website is the project gallery, this is where the client can give specific details and shown in detail works carried out which is key information for potential new clients. Within the new theme design we created a custom project interface which will allow the staff at P. Keenan to easily add new projects as they are completed.
We wanted to make a focused effort on proper tracking and analysis on the new website. Previous iterations would have been launched and not updated for long periods of time.
Google Analytics with specific goal tracking have been configured in order to track user enquires which will help to provide more accurate website reports by including data which can be used to track website performance and inform future updates.
The Content on the new website was optimised prior to launch. We used Search Engine Optimisation methods used such as on-page SEO, tailored meta descriptions and an internal linking structure.
The primary focus of the project was to produce
Increase in average monthly organic search engine traffic.
Overall website traffic increase.
Time on site per user increase.